Welcome to Encinitas' Projects page!
On April 18, 2017, Encinitas' City Council held a planning session for fiscal years 2017-18 and 2018-19. During this Special Meeting, Council identified the following top four focus areas:
1. Attain a legally compliant Housing Element
2. Make the rail corridor a better neighbor
3. Improve connectivity and mobility for all users
4. Promote green initiatives and protect natural resources
Council also identified the following as values or operating principles:
1. Protecting community character/agricultural programs
2. Financial sustainability
These goals originated from the City's Strategic Plan, which was developed in 2013 and contains the Council's Vision, Mission, Operating Principles and Strategic Focus Areas. View the Strategic Plan document (PDF)
The City follows the guidelines above when moving forward with projects, embarking on studies or programs, or implementing policy.
Active Projects & Projects Completed in the Current Fiscal Year